New Mobile Stats from Google
As one of Google’s exclusive partners, Strathcom is invited to exclusive training sessions, and we were lucky enough to attend another recently at Google Canada in Toronto. During this session, we learned about how Mobile is changing the digital landscape. Don’t worry; I made sure to take lots of notes so I could report back on some highlights I found quite interesting!
- There are over 4 billion searches on Google each month in Canada, alone
- 80% of mobile searches happen where a computer is otherwise available
- 75% of mobile searches make a conversion within 1 hour
- 30% of online purchases are made from a mobile device
- 41% of mobile searches are goal-oriented
- 77% of mobile searches lead to an action
With more Google searches taking place on mobile devices than on computers, it’s obviously important to make sure your website is mobile-friendly or -responsive—so much so that Google has now designated mobile-friendliness as a ranking factor for search engines. Consider the “moments” that customers can be influenced to buy a car, book a service appointment.
If you have any questions regarding responsive- and mobile-friendly websites, or for more fun statistics regarding the automotive industry or search trends, check out the rest of our blog or contact us today!