Google Think Auto Conference Toronto Recap
On September 12, Strathcom Media attended the 2013 Google Think Auto conference in Toronto, Ontario. As with every event that Google puts on, this one did not let down: it was a great venue and the presentation was packed with valuable information.
What did we learn that could help the Canadian car dealer? Here is a highlight reel of the most valuable insights from the day:
- More consumers are shopping different dealers on the same brand.
- How are you differentiating yourself?
- Are your pictures, prices and descriptions up to date?
- It’s all about mobile!
- Mobile users are 50% more valuable than desktop users
- 40% of mobile users research with a mobile device inside a dealership
- What are mobile users looking at?
- Inventory (photos)
- Location and contact information for dealer
- Mobile opportunities extend beyond sales. Make it simple and fast to book service, order parts and build & price
- Give mobile users the ability to book a test drive
- Use all digital channels
- Customers are moving faster than retailers in digital use and wants
- It is better to try and fail than to fail to try
- Fail faster! Learn from mistakes and improve your business.
- Use free Google tools (Google Trends, Insight for Search, etc.)
One interesting insight was how everyone is trying to crack the social media code with limited success, and yet they are willing to spend big money on it. Paradoxically, we know mobile is what consumers use and want, but we do not focus on it. It’s time to change that.
Another great Google event! We’re looking forward to the next Google event that we are hosting in Ontario in October 2013. We hope to see you there.